Amazing ways to Heal Cracked Feet
Cracked toes usually are not solely embarrassing however painful too. You possibly can’t simply be regular with cracked feet. You retain on discovering methods to cover the ugly cracks in your feet and the extra you disguise them the extra you get uncomfortable whereas strolling.
You limp and in your efforts to cover the cracked heels in addition to stroll naturally, you find yourself strolling in such a means that everybody makes out what’s stopping you from walking comfortably. Generally harsh climate situations like dry air in winters and another instances, your dryness inclined pores and skin turn into the reason for your cracked ft. However a lot of the occasions, it’s the neglect, the carelessness that you just present in direction of your ft that outcomes into cracked heels. You possibly can all the time undertake home cures for cracked heels to get clean flawless toes.
Listed below are some such home treatments for cracked ft together with some excellent selfmade foot masks for cracked feet.
Treatments for cracked feet
1. Honey for Cracked Feet
Honey is a superb pure present to all of us. It might probably even be miraculous in your cracked toes. Not solely does honey moisturizes your ft excellently but in addition acts as an excellent humectant. Humectant is something that’s able to trapping moisture from surrounding setting and as soon as trapped it additionally seals the moisture therein. In case you are liable to an final dry pores and skin and thus endure from cracks in ft, it’s possible you’ll think about using honey. What more! On account of its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, honey may even deal with any an infection that causes deep cracks in your toes similar to these brought on by athlete’s foot!
1st Method to Use Honey for Cracked Feet- Honey Soak
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Honey- 1 cup
- Take the warm water in a foot basin.
- Add honey to this and blend properly.
- Soak your toes on this water for about 20-30 minutes.
- Scrub off the dry pores and skin gently.
- Repeat this 1-2 instances every week.
As this treatment makes use of a number of honey, it wouldn’t be attainable for some folks to comply with it repeatedly. What you are able to do is take a honey foot soak a few times a month and for every day utilization, make a honey foot cream to heal your cracked ft. Here’s the recipe.
2nd Approach to Use Honey for Cracked Toes- Honey Foot Cream
- Honey- 1 cup
- Milk- 1-2 tbsp
- Orange juice- from ½ – 1 orange
- Warm the honey barely.
- Add milk to this. Chances are you’ll heat it somewhat however its not important.
- Add orange juice to this honey-milk combination. Modify the amount as per your requirement.
- Add extra juice, if you’d like your cream to be skinny and add lesser if you would like it to have a thick consistency.
- Combine them completely and retailer in a jar with a lid.
- To use this cream, first wash your ft with warm water and utilizing a pumice stone or a foot file, slough off the dry lifeless pores and skin out of your cracked heels.
- Now apply the do-it-yourself honey foot cream to your ft and go away for not less than 40-45 minutes.
- If required wrap it up with a clear cloth, bandage or gauze.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this 1-2 instances a day relying upon the severity of your cracked ft.
- It’s possible you’ll even apply it earlier than going to mattress at night time and leave it in a single day.
- This homemade cream will keep intact for a few month should you retailer it in fridge.
- Milk on this recipe helps to restore the cracked pores and skin of your ft as a result of presence of varied vitamins, particularly Vitamin A.
- The abundance of Vitamin C in orange juice helps stimulate the manufacturing of collagen giving your pores and skin elasticity and softness of a brand new pores and skin.
2. Vegetable Oil for Cracked Toes
Vegetable oils, particularly the natural and chilly-pressed one are loaded with numerous phytochemicals and vitamins that will assist moisturize and shield your pores and skin, of your ft too. Vegetable oils are glorious emollients.
An emollient soothes and soften your pores and skin. Chances are you’ll use any vegetable oil reminiscent of olive oil, mustard oil, soy oil or sunflower oil. Excessive quantities of linoleic acid in sunflower oil kinds a barrier on the floor and higher layers of your pores and skin.
This helps stop the moisture in your pores and skin from leaving your pores and skin. Different oils derived from olive, mustard and soy and many others. however permit more moisture to go deep into your pores and skin. Virgin coconut and olive oils are additionally antibacterial and assist defend you from infections which will result in dry pores and skin and cracked toes.
Learn how to Use Vegetable Oil for Cracked Toes?
- Any vegetable oil (olive, coconut, mustard, soy, sunflower or different)
- A pair of socks (non-compulsory)
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Earlier than going to mattress at night time, soak your toes in heat water for about 10 minutes.
- Now take your ft out of water however don’t pat it dry. Let the feet dry for a few minutes however don’t permit it to dry utterly.
- Apply a skinny layer of vegetable oil in your nonetheless moist toes.
- Therapeutic massage for someday in order that the oil goes deep down your cracks and pores and skin.
- If wanted, apply yet one more layer of oil.
- Now put on the pair of socks and fall asleep. It is a precautionary measure in order that your mattress doesn’t stain attributable to oil.
- You might also omit wearing socks. Simply use an outdated bedsheet or fabric beneath your ft that you simply don’t thoughts getting spoiled by oil.
Do that day by day till you do away with cracks in ft. Thereafter, repeat as soon as per week after which as soon as in fifteen day.
3. Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet
The smaller and gentler granules of brown sugar can do wonders as scrub on your dry cracked ft. It will possibly gently scrub away the lifeless pores and skin cells in order that your feet will get all new and more healthy pores and skin that’s tender and crack-free.
Brown sugar additionally comprises glycolic acid that may struggle off bacterial an infection. Glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxyl acid, can provide you youthful, easy pores and skin by serving to in new cell turnover. A very powerful issue is that brown sugar is a pure humectant and thus attracts moisture from surrounding environment and locks it in your pores and skin.
This helps maintaining your heels gentle and easy and will get you rid of cracked toes.
Do-it-yourself Brown Sugar Scrub for Cracked Feet.
- Brown sugar- 2tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1tsp
- Honey- 1tbsp
- Olive oil- 1tbsp
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Mix brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Combine them nicely to get a thick sticky paste like consistency.
- Take the nice and cozy water in a basin.
- Soak your ft on this warm water for 10 minutes.
- Now apply among the brown sugar scrub on considered one of your feet and rub in circular movement.
- Do this for someday until the sugar granules soften away.
- Repeat the process with the opposite foot.
- Wash the ft with heat water.
- Repeat 2-three occasions per week after which as soon as every week.
4. Milk for Cracked Toes
Not solely milk is wealthy in Vitamin A and different vitamins to offer you glowing wholesome pores and skin, additionally it is a superb exfoliating agent. Lactic acid, an alpha hydroxy acid, current in milk can gently slough off lifeless pores and skin cells and assist develop new cells.
What can also be essential is the truth that this lactic acid in milk hydrates your pores and skin properly by selling its water retention capability. This fights off dryness successfully which is without doubt one of the main causes of cracked ft.
Find out how to Make Foot Scrub with Milk for Cracked Ft?
- Milk- 1 cup
- Sugar Or Brown Sugar Or Salt- four tbsp
- Coconut oil Or Baby oil- ½ cup
- Warm water- 5-7 cups
- Add milk and warm water in a foot basin.
- Soak your ft on this for eight-10 minutes.
- Add sugar or salt, no matter you’re utilizing, to the oil and blend properly to make a paste scrub.
- Apply this scrub to your ft and rub gently in circular motions.
- Do that for five-eight minutes.
- Now wash off with warm water and pat dry your toes.
- Apply some moisturizer or some oil to your toes. You may additionally apply glycerin- rosewater combination to your toes.
- This works higher when performed at evening earlier than going to sleep.
5. Petroleum Jelly- Lemon Juice Foot Masks for Cracked Toes
Petroleum jelly, a by product of petroleum and is fashionable by its most used model title Vaseline. Petroleum jelly, in reality is an oil-primarily based emollient. Oil based mostly means it’ll repel water and thus stop it from drying out your pores and skin.
These kinds of emollients assist exchange fat by filling in gaps in between pores and skin cells identical to the cracks in your toes! And thus you get comfortable and hydrated pores and skin. If you combine petroleum jelly with lemon juice, you make arrangements to slough off the useless pores and skin.
The acetic properties of lemon juice exfoliate your ft to drop off useless pores and skin cells exchange it with new gentle and easy pores and skin.
Find out how to Make Petroleum Jelly Foot Masks with Lemon Juice?
- Petroleum jelly- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- from 1 lemon
- Soak your ft in heat water for 10 minutes.
- Now dry your toes correctly.
- Combine petroleum jelly and lemon juice.
- Apply this combination to your toes, filling within the cracks with this combination.
- Rub gently for a while.
- If wanted, take some extra combination and refill the cracks in your heels.
- Leave it for few hours. Its good to use this treatment at evening earlier than going to sleep.
- Put on a pair of socks in case you are bothered about your bedsheet.
- Wash off in the morning.
6. Sesame Oil for Cracked Toes
Until now we had been studying about elements that may both work as moisturizer or an emollient to present you again your clean toes. Sesame oil can act as each moisturizer and emollient as a consequence of its miraculous record of parts that embody vitamin E, linoleic acids, stearic acids, and palmitic acids.
This oil additionally helps restore broken pores and skin cells like these of you cracked ft. Sesame oil can even combat off bacterial infections and may get you rid of cracked heels because of such infections.
The right way to Use Sesame Oil for Cracked Ft?
- Sesame oil- 1-2 tsp
- Castor or Almond oil (elective) – 1-2 tsp
- Soak your toes in heat water for 10 minutes and pat dry.
- You possibly can straight apply sesame oil to you toes and rub gently for a while in order
- that it goes deep into you pores and skin.
- In case you discover the odor of sesame oil too sturdy, combine it with another oil like Castor or almond oil after which apply to your cracked toes.
- Do that day by day, ideally earlier than going to sleep at evening.
7. Turmeric for Cracked Toes
This can be a very efficient Ayurvedic treatment for cracked toes. Turmeric, the common-or-garden herb spice used extensively in Asian cooking, is wealthy in curcuminoids.
This element of turmeric is answerable for its antibacterial and anti inflammatory properties. In case your cracks in toes are on account of some an infection like athlete’s foot, turmeric is the treatment for you.
1st Solution to Use Turmeric for Cracked Ft- with Coconut Oil
- Turmeric powder- three tbsp
- Coconut oil- few drops
- Combine turmeric powder with coconut oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply this to your cracked ft.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes. Fill within the cracks correctly and likewise apply it in between the toes.
- Wash off with heat water and a gentle cleaning soap.
- Take care to not stroll or place your turmeric ridden ft anyplace because it stains something that is available in its contact.
- You might need to wrap your toes with bandage or material after making use of turmeric.
- Additionally know that your ft will get a yellow tint while you apply turmeric. This can go in a couple of days after you cease utilizing turmeric.
2nd Solution to Use Turmeric for Cracked Ft- with Basil, Camphor, Aloe Vera
- Turmeric powder- 1-2 tbsp
- Tulsi (holy basil) leaves- 12-15
- Camphor- 1-2 tbsp
- Aloe vera gel- 1-2 tsp
- Crush the Tulsi leaves to get its paste.
- If the camphor is in crystal kind, grind it get its powder.
- Mix turmeric, basil leaves paste and camphor. Combine them properly.
- Now add sufficient aloe vera gel to get a paste like consistency.
- Apply this paste to your ft.
- Go away for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with heat water utilizing a gentle cleaning soap.
- Repeat day by day until you eliminate cracked ft.
8. Important Oils for Cracked Ft
Like many different circumstances, cracked toes too have treatment by way of important oils. For this, that you must use such important oils which can be good for dry pores and skin, these that can make the pores and skin of your ft comfortable and can moisturize them nicely.
You might also use such oils which have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties as a result of some instances, the cracks in your toes outcome as a result of infections.
Foot Soak with Important Oils Mix
- Peppermint oil- 2-3 drops
- Tea tree oil- 2-3 drops
- Eucalyptus oil- 2-3 drops
- Lemon oil- 2-3 drops
- Boiled water- ½ bucket
- Pour the new water in a foot basin and let it quiet down.
- As soon as it cools right down to room temperature or is simply lukewarm, add all of the oils to this water.
- Soak your ft on this water for 20-30 minutes.
- Chances are you’ll do that each evening earlier than going to sleep. Not only will you get relaxed and sleep effectively, however your ft can even get excellently moisturized.
This can combat off foot infections too.
9. Cooked Rice Water for Cracked Feet
Whereas rice powder makes an excellent exfoliating agent for cracked heels, the water that’s discarded after cooking rice may come to your assist when it’s about cracked ft. This water is usually known as rice starch.
It is filled with vitamins- folate, phosphorus, zinc, Vitamin C, A and E and plenty of others. These nutritional vitamins are all good for pores and skin and will assist in selling progress of latest cells to present you smooth clean toes. Typically, deficiency of zinc and Omega three fatty acids additionally result in cracked toes.
Whereas consuming these vitamins is important, rice water will help with absorption of some zinc that’s current in it.
The right way to Use Cooked Rice Water for Cracked Toes?
- Cooked rice water- 5-6 cups
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
You simply must boil rice in water to get its starchy water. When the rice will get cooked, pressure the water and reserve it to make use of for cracked toes. Eat the rice as you want.
- Take the rice water in a foot basin.
- Add baking soda to this. It would assist exfoliate pores and skin and slough off the useless cells.
- Soak your toes on this whereas it’s nonetheless heat.
- Soak for about 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash off your toes with plain water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Repeat this every day initially after which 1-2 occasions every week.
10. Patchouli Important Oil for Cracked Feet
Patchouli important oil, derived from the leaves of the Patchouli plant, are thought of to have cicatrisant and cytophylactic properties. cicatrisant properties assist velocity up the therapeutic means of cuts and wounds, other than making scars disappear.
Cytophylactic properties, however, assist in regenerating new pores and skin cells to offer youthful, clean pores and skin. These properties of patchouli oil will be useful in therapeutic the cracks of toes. In spite of everything, they’re nothing however wounds solely! Nonetheless, you could mix this oil with different important oils whereas making a foot soak.
Lavender oil too has cicatrisant properties, tea tree oil fights of fungal and bacterial an infection and rose oil gives good moisturization.
Make Foot Soak with Patchouli and Different Important oils
- Patchouli important oil- 2-3 drops
- Lavender important oil- 4 drops
- Tea tree important oil- 4 drops
- Rose important oil – 2 drops
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Take the nice and cozy water in a foot basin.
- Add all of the important oils to this.
- Soak your toes on this water for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat each day, ideally at night time earlier than going to mattress.
- After you eliminate cracked ft, do it as soon as every week.
11. Parsley for Cracked Feet
Parsley is a nutrient wealthy herb. It has vitamin C in it that helps in collagen manufacturing that makes your pores and skin easy and supple. Vitamin k in parsley additionally helps along with your pores and skin’s elasticity in addition to in dashing up wound therapeutic course of. Beta-carotene in parsley can restore dry and flaky pores and skin.
All these properties make parsley a vital herb to be included in your weight-reduction plan. Nevertheless, you can even use it externally on your cracked toes.
Make Foot Soak with Parsley
- Parsley sprig- 10-12
- Warm water- ½ bucket
- Chop the parsley.
- Add this to warm water in a foot basin.
- Soak your cracked ft on this for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat every day.
12. Weight loss program Cures for Cracked Feet
Your ft is a vital a part of your physique and it too wants important vitamins to maintain itself healthy and easy. Deficiency of sure vitamins similar to zinc, nutritional vitamins A, C and E, important fatty acids can result in dry cracked ft.
Subsequently, together with dwelling treatments for cracked toes, you additionally want to enhance your food regimen and embody such greens and fruits in addition to different substances in your every day weight loss program that may present adequate vitamins to your physique together with your ft.
What Meals to Eat to Get Rid of Cracked Feet?
- Zinc – Shellfish, sardines, beef, cheese.
- Vitamin A- Carrots, goat milk, green vegetables and orange fruits like papaya.
- Vitamin C- Lemon, oranges, papaya, cauliflower, guava, berries.
- Vitamin E- Leafy green vegetables, nuts, and whole grains.
- Important fatty acids- Nuts and seeds like linseed, sesame seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, oily fish, avocado, olive oil, and so on.
- Water- Drink sufficient water every day. This can be as much as two liters a day as a result of dehydration is likely one of the most typical causes of cracked toes.